What We Do
Building Lifecycle Management (BLM) is a unique combination of our inspection & testing and construction management services, profoundly informed by our building claims & litigation work. After a lifetime developing professional construction management, contracting and estimating discipline, and 20 years as expert witnesses paid to create the most cost effective solutions for construction defects, we refined a science-based framework and proved time and again that it worked to figure out what needed to be fixed, what did not, and how to do it.
Now we apply that framework for building owners, managers, and receiverships to save money and get the closest thing to a guarantee of quality possible in the construction industry. Our BLM services are designed to help clients make intelligent, fact-based, decisions about building design, construction, maintenance, repair, and improvement, while considering the entire service-life and lifetime-costs of the property. Our BLM Process is an interconnected, engineered suite of construction services that is a step-by-step solution for managing maintenance, repairs, improvements or rehabilitation. These services generally cost 5-15% of construction cost and they ALWAYS save more than they cost.
Building Life-Cycle Management Services
- Evaluation: Inspection, testing, and reporting of the existing information and physical performance of the buildings.
- Specification and design coordination for construction, maintenance and repairs.
- Budgeting and Estimating the project from beginning to end.
- Tendering of requests for proposals (RFPs) and bid analysis.
- Contracting professionally to protect our client's interests.
- Coordinating the work, including project kick-off, processing payments, and evaluating proposed change orders.
- Verifying that Owners are getting what they paid for with a quality control plans and inspections.
- BLM Data: Collection, organization, and permanent storage of project information.
PFCS Building Life-Cycle Management Process
Documents, Meetings, Property Condition Assessment (PCA), Inspection Reports, Reserve Study Coordination, Maintenance Plan (incl. Budget & Schedule)
2. Define & Specify
Scope of Work, Specifications, Maintenance Manual, Maintenance Task Lists (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Annual), Request for Proposal (RFP) for Design, Meetings
Budget, Estimate, Meetings
4. Tender & Contract
Request for Proposal (RFP), Bid Analysis, Vendor Approval Process, Vendor Recommendations, Contracts
5. Schedule & Notice
Progress Schedule, Process Management Recommendations, Correspondence
6. Project Kickoff
Meeting Agenda & Minutes
7. Coordinate Work
Correspondence, Meeting Minutes
8. Verify Quality
Inspection Checklists, Inspection Report, Rework Notice
9. Change Management
Proposed Change Order Analysis, Change Order, Meetings, Budget Updates
10. Payment Processing
Project Status Memo, Payment Application Memo
11. Project Close
Project Close Memo, Lien Releases, Maintenance Plan, Warranty
12. Repeat Forever
PFCS Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Process
- Document & Information Management
- Meetings/Interviews with Key People
- Building Information Management
- Testing (Only as Necessary)
- Report/Property Condition Report (PCR)