On May 26th, 2016 at 10:00 A.M., Alex Prokop presented a one-hour webinar called Analyzing Construction Defects. This program is for insurance and legal professionals who hire and manage expert witnesses and expert teams. It is also for attorneys, adjusters, property managers, real estate professionals and anyone else involved in construction or real estate; as they are likely to face a major construction or disclosure related insurance claim or litigation at some point in their careers. Indeed, many such professionals deal with construction related claims as a common occurrence in the course of their work.
Analyzing Construction Defects is for anyone who is faced with or might have to deal with construction litigation related to physical problems or allegations of defects in buildings or construction. We will explain what a construction defect is, how the process of construction defect litigation flows, present a framework for working through the complexity of potential defects and the issue-by-issue analysis of each potential defect, and discuss appropriate investigation standards.
- Introduce the fascinating world of construction defect (CD) litigation and the major players.
- Review CD case studies.
- Discuss the difficulty of defining the term Construction Defect.
- Explain what information should be gathered and organized to make the analysis as easy and complete as possible.
- Introduce the PFCS Solving Building Problems Method.
- Discuss how issues or allegations can be organized and analyzed in a systematic way, one-by-one.
- Introduce common deliverables created during a defect analysis.
- Construction Defects Defined
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Solving Building Problems
- A Sensible List
- Analyzing Construction Defects
This program is approved for one hour of CLE for attorneys in California. Pending approval in Nevada and Oregon. This program is not approved with the California Department of Insurance.