On September 13th, 2016 at 10:00 A.M., Alex Prokop presented a one-hour webinar called "Evaluating Water Leakage of Buildings". Evaluating Water Leakage of Buildings explains the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM International) “Standard Guide for Evaluating Water Leakage of Building Walls (E2128-01a)”, which describes methods for determining and evaluating causes of water leakage of exterior walls.
The objective of the seminar is to gain a “big picture” understanding of how professionals gather, analyze and use building performance data. Also, participants may learn best practices and “the scientific approach” to figuring out building performance problems to have something to contrast against, when faced with people who have drawn erroneous conclusions based on poor investigation techniques.
- Summary of ASTM E2128-01a Standard Guide for Evaluating Water Leakage of Building Walls
- Continue the Property Analysis Seminar Series so we can all have a “big picture” understanding of how professionals gather, analyze and use building performance data.
- Learn best practices and “the scientific approach” to figuring out building performance problems.
- Have something to contrast against, when you are faced with people who have drawn erroneous conclusions based on poor investigation techniques.
- ASTM E2128-01 Sections
- Sample Documents
- Maintenance and Repairs on a Limited Budget
- Selecting and Evaluating Expert Consultants
- Deep Thoughts
This program is approved for one hour of CLE for attorneys in California, Nevada and Oregon. This program is not approved with the California Department of Insurance.
Comments from Attendees
- "Good program and easy to understand - practical."
- "The seminar was well planned out- I found the review of the ASTM Standard particularly helpful and informative."
- "I particularly liked the overview in the beginning that noted exposure at certain elevations may be an issue and then how that was developed during the presentation with the [concluding] slide that showed that indeed all siding and all windows were not the issues but through testing it was determined exposure was an issue at the second story at certain elevations. I liked the review for leak patterns, something Pl experts do not seem to do. I appreciated the detailed review of ASTM and in particular ASTM E2128 re water penetration being leakage that exceeds the drainage capacity of wall. Very good summary and explanation. This would be something I would want an expert to share with a jury - EXACTLY as it was explaining (wall is system) during the presentation."
- "It was a good broad overview."
- "Very informative. I liked the overview and plan."
- "Good program, useful info."
- "Good presentation and the speaker was very knowledgeable."
- "This was my favorite seminar!"