On December 8, 2016 at 10 a.m., Alex Prokop presented a FREE webinar called "Window & Door Installation". Window & Door Installation introduces principles of design, construction, and installation of window and door components. Improper installation of windows and doors is one of the leading sources of building performance failures that lead to construction defect litigation.
We will begin by explaining the basics of modern window & door installation techniques, and how variation from these fundamental principles can lead to problems and defects. Next, we will discuss different types of windows and doors, factors that can complicate their installation, the basics of how materials react together, and the damage that these reactions can cause. Finally, we will review the most applicable codes and standards related to window and door installation, performance, testing and evaluation.
This program is important for architects, attorneys, insurance adjusters, general contractors, trade contractors and building industry professionals because many factors and players must come together to properly execute durable window and door installations.
- Explain the basics of modern window & door installation techniques
- Review of window & door types
- Discussion of most commonly alleged construction defects
- Discussion of the evolution of building codes
- Review applicable industry and trade standards
- Examples of how to analyze construction defects
- Estimating costs for repairing defects
- Allocating responsibility to applicable partners
- Window Installation
- Common Window Defects
- Door Installation
- Common Door Defects
- Codes & Standards
This program is approved for one hour of CLE for attorneys in California, Nevada and Oregon, and insurance adjusters registered with the California and Texas Departments of Insurance.