Building Leakage Evaluation
Water intrusion is a serious issue, but professionals across the construction industry often take a haphazard, ad hoc approach to evaluating water leakage. The truth is, building leakage evaluation is an essential step within a comprehensive property condition analysis, and inaccurate or incomplete findings can have major negative impacts on the performance of your building over time.
In this webinar, we will explain the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM International) "Standard Guide for Evaluating Water Leakage of Building Walls (E2128-01a)," which describes methods for determining and evaluating causes of water leakage of exterior walls.
Anyone involved in building-related decisions and construction litigation should care about Building Leakage Evaluation (ASTM E2128). Including, but not limited to: lawyers, insurance adjusters, construction and building contractors, building managers, as well as building owners and community associations.
- What ASTM E2128 is and how it sets the standard for building leakage evaluation.
- Industry best practices for determining and evaluating causes of water leakage.
- Why ASTM E2128 is an essential step in the “scientific approach” to uncovering building performance problems.
- Real life case studies covering the use of ASTM E2128 in professional gathering, analysis, and leveraging of building performance data.
- The leading evaluation framework that uncovers (and stands up to) erroneous conclusions drawn from poor investigation techniques.
The bottom line: This is what you need to know if you want to know the TRUTH about your building.
- ASTM E2128-01 Sections
- Sample Documents
- Maintenance and Repairs on a Limited Budget
- Selecting and Evaluating Expert Consultants
- Deep Thoughts and Hot Buttons
- Conclusion & Recommendations
This presentation was given on 8/15/2017 by Alex Prokop.
This program is approved for one hour of CLE for attorneys in the California and Oregon. Approved by the CAMICB to fulfill continuing education requirements for CMCA® certification.
Comments from previous attendees:
- "Informative. Good foundation for water intrusion issues."
- "I thought the webinar was excellent. Lots of great information and very well presented. The materials were clear, concise and informative. I am looking forward the next webinar in the series."
- "Great presentation. I especially appreciated the discussion of ASTM E-2128. I plan to use this standard in defending window leak claims in all my cases."