How to Contract for 7-Figure Residential Construction & Remodeling: Applying Professional Contracting Discipline to an Often Messy Business
Managing construction is hard. This is especially true for homeowners trying to manage their own remodel (which is usually a terrible idea). Contracting for 7-Figure Residential Construction and Remodeling will explain the fundamentals of project planning, contracting, and project controls, including the roles and responsibilities of each party. Since no two projects are exactly alike, the framework serves as a comparison to illustrate the differences in project delivery schemes.
Contracting for 7-Figure Residential Construction and Remodeling is designed to help you understand the big picture so you can understand and avoid the most common pitfalls that cause project shortcomings, defects, delays, cost over-runs, legal disputes and headaches in general. We will help you understand the tools needed to keep your project on schedule and on budget. This presentation is for homeowners, attorneys, adjusters, property managers, design and construction professionals, building officials, and anyone involved or interested in the construction business.
- Review real-life case studies.
- Review contracting basics to explain the roles and responsibilities of the various parties in construction.
- Dig into the details of what should be done in the planning of a significant work of construction or remodeling.
- Offer a framework for crafting an agreement that includes incentives for cost savings and makes the Contractor and the Owners partner in the creation of a beautiful home.
- Learn how to balance the various interests in managing projects; most importantly the (A) scope, (B) budget, and (C) schedule
- Case Study
- Contracting Basics
- Contracting Step-By-Step
- Case Study
- Risk & Insurance Considerations
- This webinar was given on 4/13/2017 by Carolyn Des Jardin.