Investigating Water Intrusion Claims
If your client designed or built any part of the building envelope--such as the roof, windows, or stucco—they could be at risk for any water damage which might occur. But how will they know? Forensic expert Pete Fowler will explain the various components of a building envelope that can allow water to intrude into the interior. More importantly, he will explain the methods experts use to isolate the point(s) of entry. Fully understanding how water can infiltrate and how to prove the source(s) will help you better analyze you client's potential liability or lack thereof.
- Building Basics
- Introduction to Building Basics as they relate to leaks
- Explain what a professional inspection includes
- Discuss the merits and standards for building leakage testing
- Explain how leaks in construction defect litigation get monetized
- Discuss common presentation formats and strategies