Construction Defects from the Cross-Defendant & Third-Party Perspective
"Construction Defects from the Cross-Defendant/Third-Party Perspective" is the third webinar in our Construction Defect series. This program is compiled of a series of case studies in successful planning, analysis, and execution of expert work on behalf of trade contractors, manufacturers, suppliers, and other lower-tier parties. Construction defect litigation can be expensive, confusing, and long lasting, but it doesn't have to be. Through this presentation, we will break down the process from the cross-defendant/third-party point of view, and provide approaches and alternatives.
This webinar will demonstrate how cross-defendant/third-party litigation should be investigated and executed from an expert consultant perspective, using the most current standards and science-based building performance analysis. In preparing for trial, you want the highest level of professionalism in conducting building performance investigations. Investigations should conform to the highest standards of practice, a written investigation plan, scrutiny of the selection protocol for inspection and testing locations because the process is usually "biased" (not randomly selected), a comparison of performance to perfection, realistic repair estimates, and allocation to responsibility to the appropriate parties. This program will include real-life case studies applying various approaches to construction defect litigation matters and examples of good work.
- Gain a big-picture perspective on handling construction defect litigation from a cross-defendant/third-party perspective.
- Review case studies of numerous project types.
- Look at actual project deliverables.
- Preliminary Analysis
- Analyzing Construction Defects
- Detailed Analysis
- Allocation & Mediation
- Deposition & Trial
- This webinar was presented on November 19, 2015
- This webinar was presented on April 19th, 2018 by Alex Prokop and Pete Fowler
- Construction Defect Series:
- Webinar: Construction Defects from the Plaintiff Perspective, August 27, 2015
- Webinar: Construction Defects from the Developer/General Contractor Perspective, October 28, 2015
- Expert Witness Success