- Managing Expert Costs
- Solving Building Problems
- PFCS Free Lunch Seminars
- Common Construction Defects - by Pete Fowler. Published by The Journal of Light Construction in 1998.
- Dangers of Mold - by Pete Fowler. Published by Window and Door Magazine in 2003.
- Managing Construction Quality
- Managing Property Maintenance & Improvement
- DBSKCV Construction Management Method
- New Developments in CA Construction Law
- Trouble-Free Foundations for Expansive Soils - by Dave McMahon. Published by The Journal of Light Construction in 2002.
- Portfolio Management of Construction Claims
- Level 5 Estimating Matrix
- Mold Management Method
- SB 800 Introduction and Summary: CA Builders Right To Repair Law - A 5-page whitepaper by Pete Fowler Construction Services, Inc. 12/2/2011
Evaluation of Building Performance including Defects
- Property Condition Assessment Using ASTM E2018-08
- Common Construction Defects (A Pictorial Review)
- Analyzing Construction Defects
- Building Inspection & Testing
- Construction Defect Lifecycle
- Construction Defect Estimating and Analysis
- Evaluating Water Leakage of Buildings Using ASTM E 2128
- Managing Property Maintenance, Repair and Improvement
- Contracts for Property Maintenance, Repair and Improvement
- How to Save (Your Community) A Million Bucks! Prioritizing Maintenance and Repairs on a Limited Budget
Construction Claims & Litigation
- Builders Right To Repair Bills: California’s SB 800
- Allocation of Responsibility for Construction Defects
- Trial Presentations
- Expert Witness Success
- Managing Expert Work & Costs
- Project Management Skills for Litigation
- Construction Claims Management
- Random Selection and Extrapolation of Construction Defects
American Society of Professional Estimators - (ASPE) is a professional Society which promotes the highest standards and ethics in the practice of construction estimating.
ASTM International - ASTM International is one of the world's most prestigious standards development organizations. They are a leading provider of test methods and technical standards.
Community Associations Institute - (CAI) provides information and education to community associations and the professionals who support them. Their mission is to inspire professionalism, effective leadership and responsible citizenship. Managing Property Maintenance is approved by the Community Association Managers International Certification Board (CAM-IBC) to fulfill continuing education requirements for the CMCA® certification.
The Management Trust is a leading national community association firm that specializes in serving condo associations and homeowner associations across the United States. The Management Trust's "Trusted Partner Program" is a Total Quality Management program of select service providers who have received the highest ratings by community managers.
CAM-ICB – The Community Association Managers International Certification Board (CAM-IBC), is the organization responsible for administering the Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA) credentials. CAM-IBC's purpose is to ensure that community association managers practice with professionalism, integrity and knowledge. To do so, they administer the Certified Manager of Community Associations® (CMCA) certification program, the only nationally accredited certification program in the field.
Oregon Washington Community Association Managers – (OWCAM) was established in 2002 to serve community association managers and service providers in the Pacific Northwest.
RCI, Inc. - RCI, Incorporated is an international association of professional consultants, architects, and engineers who specialize in the specification and design of, and exterior wall systems.
Stucco Manufacturers Association - This organization is non-profit trade association that is made up of the major manufacturers of stucco in the United States & Canada and their vendors. - https://stuccomfgassoc.com/
The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) protects consumers by licensing and regulating California's construction industry. In addition to educating consumers about contractors and construction law, CSLB acitvities include administering examinations, issuing licenses, investigating complaints, issuing citations, suspending or revoking licenses, and seeking administrative, criminal and civil sanctions against violators.
The Construction Contractors Board protects the public's interest relating to improvements to real property. The Board regulates construction contractors and promotes a competitive business environment through education, contractor licensing, dispute resolution, and law enforcement.
- American Architectural Manufacturer's Association - The American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) is the source of performance standards, product certification and educational programs for the fenestration industry.
- American Institute of Architects - Based in Washington, D.C., the AIA has been the leading professional membership association for licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners since 1857.
- Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International - Since 1956, AACE International has been the leading-edge professional society for cost estimators, cost engineers, schedulers project managers, and project control specialists. With more than 5,500 members worldwide, AACE International is the largest organization serving the entire spectrum of cost management professionals
- California Professional Association of Specialty Contractors - (CALPASC) is a non-profit trade association of specialty contractors, related suppliers, and affiliate members. The members and staff work together in an organized, professional manner on important issues that affect our businesses and industry.
- Institute of Real Estate Management - (IREM) - this organization is for real estate management professionals and is an affiliate of the National Association or REALTORS®., it provides education, resources, information to that industry.
- National Institute of Building Sciences - The National Institute of Building Sciences is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that successfully brings together representatives of government, the professions, industry, labor and consumer interests, and regulatory agencies to focus on the identification and resolution of problems and potential problems that hamper the construction of safe, affordable structures for housing, commerce and industry throughout the United States.
Property and Construction Resources
- Bing Maps - Similar to Google , except that the photo data, called "Bird's Eye View," is much more detailed and taken from an angle (from a airplane rather than a satellite).
- Google Earth - Want to know even more about a specific location? Dive right in -- Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.
- JLC Online - The Journal of Light Construction is a monthly hands-on magazine for builders and remodelers.
- NOAA Weather Data - Click on the link to go straight to the search page. You can search by county, city, zip code, etc. Downloading the data has a nominal fee.
- Redfin is similar to Zillow, Redfin provides house information for Real Estate agents. Home information from Real Estate data base. Good imagery, detailed value information, and an excellent tool for tract projects to get neighborhood details.
- Zillow is a free real estate site. It is an excellent tool for house information and bird's eye views. Also has good directional views.
- Window & Door - Window & Door website provide a comprehensive source for news and information in the entire fenestration industry.
Business & Personal Productivity
- Doodle is a free online tool that simplifies the task of scheduling meetings, events, appointments, and more!