On August 18, 2016 at 10 a.m., Matthew Philippe & Pete Fowler presented a webinar called Mechanical Construction Defects. Mechanical Construction Defects is for anyone who needs to know about risk management, claims, and litigation related to Mechanical (heating and air conditioning), Electrical or Plumbing (MEP) systems. This program is a high-level, 30,000 foot fly-over, orientation to the complex world of MEP construction defects and litigation related to MEP systems. We will explain what a mechanical construction defect is, review sample defect lists and how an investigation typically works, go over building codes and how they have recently changed. We will review real-life examples of some claims we've faced in the past, and how we went about solving the problems. This program is for insurance, legal and construction professionals who deal with claims related to MEP systems.
- Orientation to the world of mechanical (heating & air conditioning), electrical and plumbing design & construction.
- Introduction and orientation to claims & litigation of typical issues.
- Discuss the basics of mechanical, electrical and plumbing defects.
- Explain the process for applying historical building codes, and how to tell which ones apply.
- Review SB-800 standards for Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing defects.
- Review numerous case studies related to mechanical construction defects.
- Design & Construction of MEP Systems
- Mechanical (HVAC) Defects
- Electrical Defects
- Plumbing Defects
- Maintenance & Repairs
This program is approved for one hour of CLE for attorneys in California. Pending approval in Nevada and Oregon. This program is not approved with the California Department of Insurance.