A Sad Story
Unfortunately not everyone who needs the unique experience and expertise that Pete Fowler Construction Services, Inc. (PFCS) has can afford it. Wayne Faulk is a 74 year old developmentally disabled man and the lifetime beneficiary of a trust, set up by his father after his mother died, that was intended to allow Wayne to live in his childhood home for the remainder of his life. Sadly, the trust assets were a tempting target and they were depleted over the years through waste and mismanagement. The Oregonian published the sad story in January 2017, on December 7, 2017 and on December 22, 2017. The property is in Oregon City, OR and has 41 acres of farmland, a 3,000 square foot 1901 farmhouse, a two car garage, a shed and a dilapidated barn.
There Is Hope
Mr. Faulk could stay in the home if the trust could obtain a reverse mortgage against the value of the property. Unfortunately the home and property are not in good enough condition to qualify for a mortgage. Without the reverse mortgage, Wayne Faulk will be moved out of his home. Thankfully for Mr. Faulk, lots of neighbors and caring local professionals have stepped in to help. Mike Maples of PFCS was approached in February 2018 by one of our clients, attorney Steven Cade of Williams Kastner, who asked if we could lend a hand on a case he had taken. Both Mike and Paul Viau jumped in to help, applying our Building Rehabilitation Process, free of charge.
- PDX Paint Solutions LLC, 503-956-4310 Contact: Morgan Shorey
- Steven Cade of Williams Kastner is the attorney representing Wayne Faulk. Without Steven, none of this would have been possible.
- Paul Viau of Pete Fowler Construction Services, Inc. lead the planning of the work, composition of the repair specifications, and lead volunteers on-site in cleaning and repairing the property.
- Mike Maples of Pete Fowler Construction Services, Inc. created the opportunity, planned the work, and volunteered in cleaning up and making repairs to the Faulk Residence.
- There are MANY more to be added here in the days to come.
Please contact Anete Kalnina (T: (503) 660-8670 E: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in volunteering or donating services or materials. No construction experience necessary! But if you DO have construction experience, we really NEED your help!!