Budgeting & Estimating for Building Maintenance, Repairs, and Improvements
Budgeting & Estimating for Construction, Maintenance, Repairs & Clams is for anyone who needs to understand construction budgets and cost estimates including property owners & managers, builders & developers, designers, construction contractors, product manufacturers, and insurance & legal professionals. The presentation is a high-level outline of a step-by-step method for planning, creating and delivering estimates for construction, maintenance, repairs, and claims and will include discussion of how estimates can be summarized, analyzed and compared.
The process begins with deciding on the level of detail and exactitude required. It continues with deciding on and organizing the elements that will be included in the estimate, so that the scope of work and methods of construction can be documented and easily referenced, summarized and understood. Application of prices to the scope and method of construction is next. Ultimately an estimator will format, coordinate peer review, finalize and publish the completed estimate. And often the estimator or another professional will summarize, analyze or compare budgets and estimates for the purpose of quality decision-making.
- Understand the Fundamentals of Estimating
- Orientation to Estimate Components
- PFCS 5 Levels - 10 Steps of Estimating
- Introduction to Analysis of Estimates & Construction Costs
- Order of Magnitude (PFCS Level 1)
- Putting It All Together
- Conceptual & Preliminary (PFCS Levels 2 & 3)
- Detailed & Bid/Construction/Trial Ready (PFCS Levels 4 & 5)
- Estimate Analysis
- This program was presented on 8/28/14