Building Performance Evaluation & Budgeting 101: Analyzing and Monetizing Defects
Virtually all construction or property related decisions should be made with costs in mind. But some people are afraid of math. We can help. Regardless of whether you are a lawyer, insurance professional, property owner, or manager, you need to be able to focus on the "vital few" issues, and virtually ignore the "trivial many." That means knowing how much things cost - not to the penny, but rather a reasonable approximation. The best place to start, when working to make smart economic decisions, is on the BIG expensive issues. You begin by chopping a project into logical parts, and estimating the cost of those chunks, so you can see the forest AND the trees. And the earlier in the process you do this, the better.
- Why decision making about buildings needs to include performance analysis and cost analysis.
- How to do a “Level 1” performance and cost analysis so you know the big picture early in the process.
- Review case studies and real world examples of projects related to analysis and monetization of construction claims.
- A Sensible List
- Evaluating & Prioritizing
- Analyzing Construction Defects
- Budgeting Construction
- Roles & Responsibilities
- A similar program was given on January 12th, 2017