Investigating & Evaluating General Liability Claims
from a Building Design, Construction & Maintenance Perspective
The world is a dangerous place and stuff happens when you least expect it. That's what insurance is for. Combine that fact with a society that has become more and more litigious, and we have arrived in a time where litigation related to General Liability Claims is common. When there is a difference of opinion about a claim for building damage, and especially when there is litigation, someone needs to figure out if the condition is or was a danger and render a thoughtful opinion about whether or not it caused or contributed to the damage.
Investigating & Evaluating General Liability Claims is a 1-hour walk-through of Pete Fowler Construction Services' (PFCS) Construction Claims Analysis Method applied to general liability claims. No two claims are the same, but our analytical method walks us through a professional investigation and analysis, similar to how the scientific method aids in discovery of the workings of our natural world, regardless of the specific application.
- Introduce a framework for conducting a professional investigation of a general injury that occurred in a built environment.
- Gain a big-picture perspective on handling general liability investigations from a building expert perspective.
- Review Case Studies of numerous project types.
- Discussion of options for report formats.
- Look at actual project deliverables.
- This presentation was given on 9/12/2017 by Adam Hjorth, Paul Kushner, Marc Viau, and Mike Villalba
- Slip, Trip, Fall & Personal Injury Claims