Fire Resistive Assemblies
Fire Resistive Assemblies is an introduction to the subject for anyone who needs to be able to understand the components of fire protection. This includes wall assemblies and occupancy separation, design and construction techniques. It is not only architects, engineers and builders who need to know about these details, owners, agents and users of buildings can acquire an understanding of this complex system. This presentation is designed to introduce and orient the attendee to the fire protection system generally, as well as gain an understanding of how each component contributes to the fire safety of an entire structure. We will describe design and construction standards, criteria for good performance and the safety and performance of the fire resistive assembly.
- Introduction to the basic concepts of fire-protection including historical context
- Introduction to various residential building wall types and assemblies
- Overview of common residential installation and field conditions
- Building Codes & Standards
- Field Conditions
- This program was previously presented on 10/1/2015